Thursday 5 May 2011

First (proper) Blog Post

Lots seems to be happening for me at the moment, after a while of being slow and a lot of panicking!
I'm currently working on a short film production called The Equestrian and will be Assistant Set Decorator! I was so happy to get this as I had been recommended by someone amazing! 
If you'd like to know more about the film there is a fan page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/theequestrianfilm


I need to write an about me to feature on the Crew Profile page..it's hard! 
I was at my first dressage event a couple of weeks ago, it was really interesting and pretty amazing how the horse and rider work together. Going for a recce at one of the main locations on Saturday which will be fun and can really get started on prop buying/making.


Next week I will be assisting on another commercial, for Dominos Pizza. Very much looking forward to this I will keep you updated!


Finally, Work has been great recently, they've been so amazing about giving me the time off when I need it for film/tv stuff and still giving me Visual merchandising opportunities! Last week I got to do my first window display!! Our mid-season sale started and we needed to display sale items in the window without it looking like a mess (sales can tend to look messy). Normally we have a visual display guideline but we had none of the products on the guidelines so I basically got to make it up myself. The main idea about visual merchandising at Paperchase is that the products have what looks like a "skyline" so they go in rows up and down, never all in one straight line.


Here is my window display...






Yesterday I had the opportunity to re-merchandise our Celebration and Homeware table which has slowly become messier and messier, it's one of the ranges that probably gets the least looked after. I forgot to take any before photos, but here's some after, they're not very clear as I had to take them at a funny angle. It's probably not obvious what I've done to someone who doesn't work there but there are several rules like the top part must be smallest-tallest with the tallest being on the outer edge of the unit, the skyline effect for the products on the table and underneath, and all products must be in rows with no more than 2/3 different products in one row.. I was really pleased with how they looked once I'd finished...









That's all I have to write for today but I hope that's given everyone reading a small insight into the life of a recent art and design graduate. I will be keeping this blog updated with my work as I'm terrible at sorting out my website!

Thanks for reading


Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment