Wednesday 25 May 2011

Website Building...

...IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!


I'm finding Google sites really difficult to get the hang of and everything seems to have changed since I first got my website so I'm re-learning it. If you have come across my website and you're reading this I do apologise for the mess my website is in! 


So onto work related stuff. Spoke to the amazing Judy Farr IMDB yesterday regarding The Equestrian Film. Trying to arrange a date we are both free to go prop hunting and I managed to talk my way into meeting her on the Downton Abbey set and assist her with Sec dec whilst her buyer is on holiday. EEK I'm so excited!
I could ramble on for ages about how amazing Judy is but that probably wouldn't be cool, suffice to say she is the reason I'm here and doing what I'm (trying) to do, she's completely awesome and I'm so lucky to know her!


Had a minor rush of excitement about possible work experience but that unfortunately didn't work out due to not being in education, but it's all good I was happy to even be considered! It's really nice to know people are reading my emails and CV.


Have had another opportunity to do some more visual merchandising at work last week, I particularly enjoyed this as again there were no real guidelines just a grainy photo of how another store had it and there are so many different products to show off. One of my speciality areas is the Underglass cabinet which sells the very expensive pens/clocks/gifts and leather notebooks (love being in charge of this stuff!) Again, the photo's probably aren't very clear...

 

Before the cupboards looked quite sparse and they've looked like this for quite a long time now, after a couple of hours it looked like this...


It looks much fuller, it is clearer what products we offer and we got the little items out of the packets and displayed them in front of the boxes to make it look a bit more interesting! I was very pleased with the end result :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment